Brave volunteers are driving throughout Ukraine delivering truckloads of food and veterinary medicine for animals thanks to our incredible supporters and some special sponsors including the Leslie Alexander Foundation, Darwin’s Natural Pet Products, Animal Victory, Artists for Animals, the Scituate Animal Shelter. Red & Howling and the Coastal Community Foundation. Now with Russian troops bombarding Ukraine’s Eastern region, a second wave of evacuees are leaving pets behind en masse and animal shelters there are in dire need of food and supplies to cope with the dramatic rise in the number of homeless animals.
Dream Team is Unleashing Huge Rescue Mission
“There is a rare opportunity to bring comfort to the animals of war, and we have assembled a team of incredible heroes who are turning those donations into a massive blanket of comfort and care throughout Ukraine,” Harmony Fund Founder Laura Simpson said. “We are working with an international team of rescuers, ex-military officers and self-sacrificing volunteers who have spent the past two months completely immersed in this relief mission.”
5 Ways We Are Saving Lives Together:
- EMERGENCY AID: Just before Russian troops completed descended on the Eastern region, Harmony Fund sent a month’s supply of food for the PIF shelter in Donetsk which is home to well over 1,400 animals and also acts as a distribution point for over 40 small shelters in the area. Wages of all workers were also paid. The mission here is ongoing.
- BATTLING HUNGER: An enormous delivery of kibble and wet food was trucked in to provide a month’s supply of meals for thousands of animals at four large animal shelters in the capital city of Kyiv.
- HELP FOR FARM ANIMALS: Harmony Fund has sponsored the delivery hay and grain for farm animals at four sanctuaries.
- ZOO ANIMAL CARE: Our efforts to help the 3,500 animals at the Feldman Ecopark in Kharkiv were a blessing during a very dark time. The zoo was attacked and there has been loss of life here for both animals and humans. However, we have done our best to help by sponsoring large quantities of food for the animals and assisting in the cost of evacuation of the animals to Poltova,
- NEW BEGINNINGS: We’ve been sponsoring care of dogs and cats who lost their families in Ukraine and who are now taking refuge in neighboring Romania.
So Much Work Lies Ahead of Us….
Finding food for the animals takes on many forms. Some aid is coming in on trucks from elsewhere in Europe as well as from parts of Ukraine which are not locked down by Russian forces. In other instances, shelters are cooking rice and vegetables if that is all they can gather and they are in areas that are walled in by combat. And for every family who has decided to evacuate with their pets, sadly, there is another family who has left them behind at the mercy of neighbors and volunteers. There is so much work yet to be done and we are incredibly thankful to all of you who are keeping this mission alive.
Help Keep The Mission in Ukraine Alive
Your donations provide massive quantities of food, evacuation, transportation, vet care and housing for abandoned and injured animals.